American Association Of State Highway And Transportation Officials Mean?
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) is an industry group of transportation officials. It is a non-governmental organization that includes public and private members that represent highway and transportation departments in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, and all transportation modes, including air transportation, railroads, public transit, highways and seagoing transportation.
AASHTO committees include the top experts in the country. They address the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of transportation services, including the role of trenchless construction and rehabilitation in the contruction and maintenance of public transport infrastructure.
Trenchlesspedia Explains American Association Of State Highway And Transportation Officials
AASHTO’s efforts are directed toward:
- Educating key decision makers and the public regarding transportation’s critical role in a good quality of life and sound economy.
- Acting as a liaison between the U.S. Department of Transportation and state transportation departments.
- Acting as an international leader in issuing design and construction standards for highways and bridges, materials standards and technical standards for all phases of highway and road construction.
- High-level problem solving and “promising practices”
- Practical information, standardized training and useful data
- Technical assistance to peers in states’ transportation departments
- Unquestionable expertise
AASHTO also provides technical Leadership and assistance to states, including
- Development of policies
- Development and setting of standards
- Technical development that is the product of state-level transportation department efforts coordinated through the various AASHTO committees.